I’m running for Congress in a District where Phil Gramm & Ronald Reagan’s Trickle Down Economics leaves too many people out in the cold..
Joe Barton and Ron Wright measured prosperity by Energy Sector Profits. This leaves many people too sick to work, too poor to pay for dental care, and too broke to buy a house.
I am Daryl Eddings, Sr. I am running for Congress because there has been too much for the few for too long and not enough for the many.
It is time that someone stands up for the people, for the working guy, the single mother, and the retiree who has worked for thirty years and can’t get by on a Social Security Check that doesn’t keep pace with inflation.
I am a husband, a father and a grandfather. My family matters to me. Your children and your grandchildren are as important as mine. The future of my four granddaughters and three grandsons matters to me. Our children deserve a world that is safer and that is as environmentally sound as we found it. They deserve to be healthy and educated.
The rhetoric of violence must stop. Our families should not even fear violence, let alone be victims! They deserve to be treated fairly no matter their gender, sexual orientation or skin tone. They deserve a better America.
We have problems in this country and I am running for Congress because I am a problem-solver.
For my entire adult life, I have been “the guy in charge of finding solutions.” As a Senior Non-Commissioned Officer in the US Army, I was the person the commanders put in charge to run things. I was a Provost Marshal and MP. I was the person charged with finding a solution for whatever obstacle or need was before us. My mission was to assess the situation. find solutions. As a civilian I listen, observe and continue to assess needs. My mission remains finding solutions to what people need.
For decades elected officials in the Texas 6th District have been deaf and dumb to the needs of the people. They only had ears for donors. Districts were gerrymandered. Opponents were starved out. Instead of voters choosing their representatives, politicians have selected their voters.
People are sacrificed on the altar of conservative politics/
- More women in this district unnecessarily within the first year of giving birth than in most third world countries
- There are precincts in the US TX 6th District which have the highest rates of infant mortality than in developing nations!
- Politicians preached pro-life while refusing to fund what prevents infant and maternal mortality.
- They abridged women’s right to choose and family planning service.
- while cutting school lunch programs, child health care funding, and food stamps.
- They take student loan payments out of old folks social security checks.
- They pass legislation which cheats school teachers of money they paid into the Social Security when they worked after school or summer jobs.
I am running for Congress to change that. Your issue is my issue. I listen. I assess. I evaluate existing resources and I find ways to clear up snags. I know how to work through governmental and non-governmental agencies and organizations. I am able to inspire others and to get them to work with me. I tap networks of friends, neighbors, civic groups, and businesses to get the job done.
To be successful in Congress we must understand how government works and must be able to persuade others to join in our efforts to improve things. I have demonstrated those skills by establishing non-profit organizations to fill voids which should have been filled by governmental agencies.
With our friends and battle buddies, we found jobs for the unemployed, housing for the homeless and other resources for people in our community.. Much of my service was to people in East Texas while I was the Chief of Staff and Head of Security for the McKellar for Congress campaign . Living in the Texas 6th District, I see many demographics of the two rural counties iwhich are similar to those in the Texas 1st. Tea Party Republicans have neglected residents in both of these districts by not pushing for full employment, not helping to bring new industries and green jobs to the region, voting against extending health coverage to the uninsured, refusing to invest in the economic and educational needs of the region.
Wi-fi service is spotty throughout our rural counties, leaving many resident unable to work or study on-line. They refused to enact Equal Pay for Equal Work and removed employee protection. They empowered domestic hate groups and fueled violence, demonizing immigrants and persons of color.
They ignored escalating college tuition, blocking many in this district from access to job training and higher education necessary to get better paying jobs. They did nothing to help the unemployed and underemployed gain skill sets which match those for jobs with prospective employers who are considering relocating.
Some have prospered but many more have fallen through the cracks. Send me to Washington. I want to change that. Some of the more pressing issues I will address as your Congressman are:
I will back legislation which:
- promotes full employment so that Americans can be employed and have a career path for advancement.
- cuts student loan debt and provides access to affordable quality technical, college and university training.
- eliminates pre-existing exclusions for health insurance for all Americans, including retirees on Medicare.
- expands Medicare to Americans age 50 and above
- includes dental services in Medicare Coverage..
- rebuilds our nation’s transportation, academic,and industrial/manufacturing infrastructure
- revamps the tax system to transfer more of the tax burden from the working class to the top 1%.
- I will work to grant a pathway to citizenship for immigrant families who have lived in the shadows for decades without violating any laws other than immigration.and for DACA.
- No minor should face an immigration judge without an attorney.
CRIMINAL JUSTICE REFORM.
- We must reforming the Criminal Justice System so that all Americans are treated justly.
- I will vote to funding more mental health intervention team than swat teams and to expand training for law enforcement and court personnel in sexual assault, mental health, racial and gender sensitivity.
- We should provide affordable drug treatment on demand and mental health treatment to all Americans who need it and expand diversion court programs.
- When a person files to run for public office, criminal records which have been sealed should be opened (unless it endangers the lives of witnesses).
- People who report sexual harassment should be able to draw unemployment if they leave that work environment for their mental health or personal safety.
CAMPAIGN FINANCE REFORM
- I will fight to repeal Citizens United and champion transparency.
- Candidates for Federal Offices and Appointments must disclose their last five tax reports.
- Americans deserve to live comfortably in their retirement years.
- Employee retirement accounts should be portable from job to job.
- Corporations should not be prevented from transferring the retirement burden to the taxpayer. We need better solutions for preserving employment retirement accounts and safeguard preventing employers from mingling retirement funds with other corporate accounts.
- No retiree should have student loan payments deducted from their Old Age Pension Social Security Checks
ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AND CLIMATE DISRUPTION
- Breathable air and safe drinking water is vital to the survival of this planet.
- Attacks on the EPA for doing its job must stop!
- Those who exploit our natural resources must not push the cost of clean-up and land reclamation to the American public.
- Compliance should be considered when issuing special use permits and contracts using federal dollars.
- Science should trump politics in enacting environmental laws and regulations
Let Us Know What is Important to You!
To help prevent spam, please answer this math question:
What is 9-1?
Connect With Us